The IberCup is currently one of the most important World Youth Football Tournaments in the Planet. Since the first edition, more than 80 countries have already been represented in our tournaments. Every year about 40 000 players participate in the various IberCup tournaments for a week of competition, fantastic experiences and extraordinary opportunities to compete with teams from all over the world. The proximity to the sea area allows everyone to enjoy the beautiful beaches all along the Cascais Coast. The amazing weather at this time of the year makes the IberCup much more than a football tournament... through football creates the possibility to meetings both outside and on the field with participants from all over the world, being currently one of the most international youth football tournaments throughout the World.
The IberCup is held in different locations: USA, Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Denmark and Japan.
This product has been design for those teams who does NOT search a competition with TOP teams, maintaining the fun without compromise the football level. The proximity to the sea area allows everyone to enjoy the beautiful beaches all along the Coast. The amazing weather on this time of the year makes the IberCup much more than a football tournament.
IberCup will be played following FIFA’s football rules. The limit for team’s applications is 16-20 teams in each age category. If the maximum enrollment of teams is reached before the deadline for registrations, registrations will close before the scheduled date. The first teams that make the registration will have a greater probability of being accepted to participate. Team`s participation only be assured after all payments confirmed. Note that in previous editions the tournament has not been able to accept all teams that wished to enter.
Who May Participate:
All clubs, which are members of their FIFA affiliated national associations, are welcome to participate in the IberCup. The club has to be a member of their FIFA affiliated national association. In countries where football is operated by the schools we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association.
The tournament begins with group play. The teams are divided into groups of four or five where all the teams will meet in a round robin series. Classiﬁcation/ standings will be determined according to points. A victory is 3 points; Draw 1 point; Defeat 0 points. The two best teams in each group will advance to Playoff A. The other teams in the group will play the Playoff B or consolation playoff. The playoff matches are played by direct elimination and in case of draw will be decided by penalties according to FIFA’s regulations. All players must be insured, both for games and leisure time. Arrival for all teams is at least 1 day before the tournament first match.
Number of Teams in the Tournament:
It is our goal that all teams that wish to take part in the IberCup should be able to do so. But please note that during last couple years the tournament has not been able to accept all teams that wished to enter. There will be a maximum of 180 teams. The teams paying their entry fees first will be given priority. The team is officially registered only after this first entry payment. Additionally, most of the hotels will be fully booked before November so don’t take too long to make your decision as accommodation options close early. A club can register automatically a maximum of two (2) teams per category (more than two must be approved by the organization).
- September 1: Online registration form for next year’s tournament opens. When we receive your deposit fee we confirm your place in IberCup.
- May 1: Final date for registrations. If the maximum enrollment of teams is reached before that date, registrations will close before the scheduled date.
- May 15: Last date for the accommodation fee/participation fee for all participants with or without accommodation. Both leaders and players pay this fee. You can cancel players until June 5th, after that a doctors certificate is required.
- June 10: Final date to send the players list. After this date, we will charge extra 5€ per player.
- June 10: Final date to send the rooming list. After this date, we will charge extra 10€ per person.
- June 15: Match schedule is posted.
- July 9: Arrival day, no matches played.
- July 10: The matches begin.
- July 12: Leaders Match.
- July 13: Playoff B Finals and Playoff A Finals.
- July 14: Playoff A Finals. Closing ceremony. Return of the participant teams.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, Ibercup Organization reserves the right to be able to change this dates.
Hotel Accommodation: 9th to 14th July. Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Breakfast at the hotel. Lunch and dinner depends on the option but can be at nearby meal centers or schools or in the chosen accommodation. Arrival with dinner included, departure with lunch included at the Hotel.
Without Accommodation: Only for local teams (until 60 kilometers from the competition centers). All participants in this category need to pay a participant fee that includes the IberCard. There is a limited number of teams accepted in this category. This category is normally fully booked in November.