1 - Rules
- 1.1 - IberCup will be played in accordance with applicable sections of the FIFA rules. In questions of interpretations of FIFA rules, the English text applies.
- 1.2 - The club has to be a member of their FIFA affiliated national association. In countries where football is operated by the schools we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association.
- 1.3 - The teams are divided into groups of four or five where all the teams will meet in a round robin series. The order among the teams will be decided according to points. Three points will be awarded for a win, one point for a draw and 0 points for a lost.
- 1.4 - If two or more teams have the same number of points, the order will be decided as follows:
1. Goal difference.
2. Highest number of goals scored.
3. Results of match(es) between teams with equal points (Head-to-head).
4. Penalty kick contest according to FIFA rules.
- 1.5 - The participation in the Playoff stage is determinate by the following rules (may change depending on the final number of teams participating in each age category):
- 1.5.1 - In categories Cat B, Cat C, Cat D and Cat F, all the teams in each group will advance to Playoff Gold.
1.5.2 - In category Cat E, the best four (4) teams in each group will advance to Playoff Gold. The rest will advance to Playoff Silver.
1.5.3 - In categories Cat G and Cat H, the best four (4) teams in each group will advance to Playoff Gold. The rest will advance to Playoff Silver.
1.5.4 – The previous point may be adapted prior the tournament according to the final number of teams per group per category.
- 1.6 - All Playoff matches will be decided by the IberCup system, i.e. by direct elimination.
- 1.7 - A draw in the playoff will be decided by penalty kicks according to FIFA rules.
- 1.8 - In case a team is disqualified or quicks during the group stage, all the results will be modified to 0-3 in favor of the opponent.
- 1.9 - In case a team is disqualified or quicks during the playoff stage, the next best qualify team of the same group will take his place.
- 2.0 - If the result a playoff game has to be decided in penalties, the teams may go to a kick-out box.
2 - Age Classes
- Cat B - Born in 2010 (7v7)
- Cat C -Born in 2009 (7v7)
- Cat D - Born in 2008 (7v7)
- Cat E - Born in 2007 (11v11)
- Cat F - Born in 2006 (11v11)
- Cat G - Born in 2005 (11v11)
- Cat H - Born in 2004 (11v11)
3 - Players
- 3.1 - Boys Cat E, Cat F, Cat G and Cat H - The maximum number of players per team is 26 and the minimum is 16 players. Maximum 5 leaders, minimum 3 leaders per team.
- 3.2 - Boys Cat B, Cat C and Cat D - The maximum number of players per team is 14 and a minimum is 10 players. Maximum 5 leaders, minimum 3 leaders per team.
- 3.3 - All players must be able to show proof of age and identity.
- 3.4 - We recommend that all players use the same shirt number throughout the tournament.
- 3.5 - On 11v11 competitions, no team may use more than 22 players in a match.
- 3.6 - On 7v7 competitions, no team may use more than 14 players in a match.
- 3.7 - For substitutions, players must follow the following rules:
- 3.7.1 - A substituted player may re-enter in the match.
- 3.7.2 - Substitution can be done without stopping the game.
- 3.7.3 - The substitutions must be made within the technical area of the team or, if there is not a defined area, on the center line of the field.
- 3.7.4 - The player can only enter the field when his team-mate is out of legal playing area and after the referee permission.
- 3.7.5 - Incorrect substitutions will be punished with yellow card.
- 3.7.6 - Notice that the game has to be stopped and the referee has to be informed by substitution of a goalkeeper.
- 3.8 - A player may represent the same club in various age groups, but the player may not represent different teams in the same age group.
- 3.8.1 - If a player represents a club in several age classes, the player must be included on the list of participants for all teams this player will be playing with.
4 - Playing Period
- 4.1 - Boys Cat G and Cat H - Qualifying Rounds and Playoff Silver - 2 x 25 min - Playoff Gold - 2 x 30 min.
- 4.2 - Boys Cat E and Cat F - Qualifying Rounds, Playoff Gold and Silver - 2 x 25 min.
- 4.3 - Boys Cat B, Cat C and Cat D - Qualifying Rounds, Playoff Gold and Silver - 2 x 20 min.
- 4.4 - 2 min Half-Time - All the matches in all the age categories.
- 4.5 - In case of a draw in Playoffs the game will be decided by penalties according to FIFA’s regulations.
5 - Match Details
- 5.1 - Team list:
- 5.1.1 - In all matches it’s mandatory to fill the team list for the game.
- 5.1.2 - The team list must have all chosen players for the specific match, with a maximum of 22 players in 11v11 and 14 players in 7v7.
- 5.1.3 - The team list must be handed to the referee before every match.
- 5.1.4 - The team leaders MUST confirmed the players list numbers for the match on the mobile app in possession of the Field Marshall, before the match starts to avoid any mistakes on the match incidences.
- 5.1.5 - The number each player has on the team list must be the same as the number on the shirt.
- 5.1.6 - All players on the team list are considered as if they have participated in the match.
- 5.1.7 - Random controls of team lists and Participants lists will be carried out.
- 5.2 - Players uniforms:
- 5.2.1 - Numbers on jerseys is MANDATORY.
- 5.2.2 - The players numbers on the team list must be the same on the players jersey.
- 5.2.3 - All team jerseys must be numbered and the numbers must correspond to the numbers on the team list.
- 5.2.4 - Numbers must be on the backs of the shirts.
- 5.2.5 - Two players can´t use the same number in any given match.
- 5.2.6 - No player can change his or her number during the game.
- 126.96.36.199 - The fail to comply with this rule will penalize the player with a yellow card and he will have to exit the field to get proper equipment.
- 188.8.131.52 - The player can only re-enter the match when he or her is properly dressed and with the referees consent.
- 5.2.7 - If teams have the same equipment color, the team that appears first in the match program has to change jersey.
- 5.2.8 - The use of shinguard is mandatory in all games.
- 5.2.9 - The use of aluminium studs is only allowed for goalkeepers of 11-a-side categories (11vs11). All other players are forbidden from using this type of football boots.
The use of aluminium studs on artificial turf fields is expressly prohibited.
- 5.3 - Before and after the match:
- 5.3.1 - All teams should be ready at the field no later than 15 minutes before kick-off with valid documents for the age control.
- 5.3.2 - The team manager must make sure that his players are adequately insured.
- 5.3.3 - The teams are responsible for their supporters conduct.
- 184.108.40.206 - The teams can lose a match if the referee decides to end the match based on the violent and verbal conduct from their supporters towards the referee.
- 220.127.116.11 - The teams can be expelled from the tournament at the first incident based on the supporters conduct towards the referee or to the other team.
- 5.3.4 - Every responsible team officials (coach) must immediately after the match sign the match sheet. Failure to sign may result in a notification from the IberCup jury.
- 5.4 - Balls:
- 5.4.1 - All matches are played using balls of size 5, except for classes Boys Cat B, Cat C and Cat D who use size 4.
6 - Team List - Age Control
6.1 - Each team must submit a list of players to the IberCup administration before June 10. After this date we will charge extra 5€ per player.
- 6.1.1 - If a team has a rooming list to send, IberCup administration has to receive it before June 10. After this date we will charge extra 10€ per person.
- 6.2 - The players control will be made through the players list sent previously to our organization, through this following procedure:
- 6.3 - The team leader must bring all the documents for the accreditation (Valid passport or ID document from the players).
- 6.3.1 - For all teams, the accreditation will be at the tournament office (hotel to be confirmed).
- 6.3.2 - Only the team leader needs to be present on the accreditation to collect all the participant cards, bracelets and important informations.
- 6.3.3 - Players don´t need to be present for age control on this day.
- 6.3.4 - Team leaders must present at the tournament office and show proof of identity from the players registered on the team list on this day.
- 6.3.5 - If the team leaders don´t go to this first accreditation at the tournament office, their teams can`t participate in the first match.
- 6.4 - All the teams must bring the valid documents from the players for the matches.
- 6.4.1 - A random check for age control can be done at any time.
- 6.4.2 - Each player must use the wristband around the wrist for the age control on the field.
- 6.4.3 - The age control will be through the players list sent previously to our organization together with a valid ID document.
- 6.4.4 - The team leaders MUST confirmed the players list numbers for the match on the mobile app in possession of the Field Marshall, before the match starts to avoid any mistakes on the match incidences.
- 6.5 - Valid documents are:
- 6.5.1 - For the Spanish teams we will accept the player’s team card from their local football association or the CC card.
- 6.5.2 - For the foreign teams the organization will only accept as player’s identification a valid identification card (legal card by a government institution and plastic-coated). This card must have the full name, photo, identification number and birthday. This document must always be used with the player´s passport. Players that come from countries that don’t require a passport to enter into Spain, will only need the identification card (legal card by a government institution and plastic-coated, with full name, photo, identification number, birthday).
- 6.6 - All teams must be ready to play at least 30 minutes before the match. That period will be used to confirm the players list with the IberCup officials.
- 6.7 - Teams that don´t show the players list 15 minutes before the match can be ruled out as a no-show.
- 6.8 - Teams using non eligible players can be excluded from the tournament.
- 6.9 - If the same club competes with two teams in the same age category, players from those teams CAN`T switch teams.
- 6.10 - If any player plays for another team in other age group, from the same club in the tournament, the team where this player is not registered will be penalized with no-show and a defeat of 0-3.
- 6.11 - Wristbands:
- 6.11.1 - After the accreditation all players must use the identification wristband around his/her wrist with the QR code.
- 6.11.2 - The QR code gives access to the profile of each participant through an mobile applicattion, which was designed for:
1. Random age control during the matches.
2. Meal Control.
3. Social Media Relation
- 6.11.3- ID wristbands MUST be worn on wrist during the entire tournament.
- 6.11.4 - If one player in one way or another loses his/her bracelet, the player MUST come to the tournament office to make a new age verification, before the next game to be played.
- 6.11.5 - The player will NOT be allowed to play the next match without the ID/Age wristband.
- 6.11.6 - The player will NOT be allowed to access to the meal center without the ID/Age wristband.
7 - Dispensations
- 7.1 - Dispensations will automatically be given in boys categories to two (2) players and four (4) in girls categories per squad who are maximum one (1) year over aged.
- 7.2 - Note that you cannot use more over aged players by switching them between matches.
- 7.3 - These dispensations only applies to 11v11 categories.
- 7.4 - For 7v7, no dispensation will automatically be accepted.
- 7.5 - Dispensations for 7v7 teams may be applied by contacting the IberCup office.
- 7.6 - For 7v7 automatically two female players are accepted 1 year overaged.
8 - 7v7 Rules
- 8.1 - Classes Boys Cat B, Cat C and Cat D play 7v7 (one goalkeeper and 6 players).
- 8.2 - The offside rule does not apply on the Cat B and Cat C categories.
- 8.2.1 - The offside rule applies on the Cat D category but only between the goal line and the edge of the penalty box.
- 8.3 - It isn´t allowed to pass the ball to the goalkeeper and he or she pick up the ball with the hands.
- 8.4 - The goal kick will be taken from the ground, the ball will be placed on any point of the line that delimit the goal area.
- 8.4.1 - Opponents remain outside the penalty area until the ball is in play - the ball has been kicked out of the penalty area.
- 8.4.2 - The ball is in play when it is kicked directly out of the penalty area.
- 8.4.3 - If the kicker fails to kick the ball out of the area, the kick is retaken.
- 8.4.4 - Team-mates may stand inside the area but cannot touch the ball until it has left the area.
- 8.5 - If a player gets a red card the team can replace this player for another.
9 - Match Fields
- To be confirmed
10 - Match Program
- 10.1 - The organization committee has the right to change the groups, times and fields, until the 1st day of the competition.
- 10.2 - The organization committee also has the right to change matches, times and fields, during the competition.
- 10.3 - In case of any changes team leaders will be promptly informed.
- 11.1 - All referees are members of the Football Association in their countries.
- 11.2 - All matches in the 11v11 competitions have assistant referees.
- 11.3 - All matches in the 7v7 competitions have 1 referee.
- 11.3.1 - For the semifinals and finals of the Playoff Gold, in the U-12 category, the IberCup organization may, if possible, have two assistants in addition to the referee.
- 11.4 - The coordinator for the referees during the tournament will be available at the IberCup office.
12 - Tournament Jury
- 12.1 - The jury of the tournament consists of representatives from IberCup and Tournaments Abroad.
- 12.2 - The jury handles protests, sanction matters, and unpredictable situations.
- 12.2.1 - All situations that occur will be analyzed always with “Fair-Play”.
- 12.3 - Tournament Jury decisions cannot be appealed. Notice that the final decision may not correspond to a FIFA rule based in Fair-Play.
- 12.4 - In the case of any claim, a deposit of 100€ must be done in the tournament office (it may be an extra tournament office in the venues).
13 - Protest and Sanctions
- 13.1 - All protests must be made in writing by the team manager and delivered to the Jury no later than 90 min after the match is finished.
- 13.2 - Protests must be delivered to the Tournament Office.
- 13.3 - A protest fee of 100€ will be paid at that time. This fee will be returned if the protest is approved.
- 13.4 - Protests that concern referees decisions will not be accepted.
- 13.5 - Cautions and Sending-Off Offences:
- 13.5.1 - Any player given a red card is automatically suspended from participation in the following match.
- 13.5.2 - The tournament jury can decide about suspension for further game(s) in case of a direct red card.
- 13.5.3 - Only if a player is suspended for more than one match, that information will be given in writing form.
- 13.5.4 - Yellow cards are not accumulated.
- 13.5.5 - If a player that is suspended plays in a match, the team with the suspended player loses automatically the match with 0-3.
- 13.5.6 - Severe offences will be reported to the FA of the nation concerned.
14 - Walk Over
- 14.1 - If a team fails to appear to a match, without a valid reason, can be declared loser by 0-3, after a decision by the jury.
- 14.2 - If a team fails to appear on time due to transport reasons caused by traffic or other, the jury can decide to delay the match (maximum 10 minutes after the match schedule) until the teams arrive or reschedule the match for another time in the same day.
- 14.3 - If a team repeatedly fails to appear at the games, the team may be excluded from the tournament.
- 14.3.1 - In special cases, the tournament jury may decide to exclude a team at the first offence, if it finds deliberate to self-benefit or is unfair to another team in the group.
- 14.4 - If a match is interrupted for some reason and can’t be played to the end, the jury will decide over these 5 alternatives:
- 14.4.1 - If the match will be replayed from the begining.
- 14.4.2 - If the match restart from the minute when it was interrupted.
- 14.4.3 - If the result will be fixed as final result.
- 14.4.4 - If one of the teams won 3-0.
- 14.4.5 - If both teams lose 0-3.
- 14.5 - If a team fails to appear to the last group match, without a valid reason in their own benefit, can be excluded or relegated to Playoff Silver, after a decision by the jury.
15 - Standards of Conduct
- 15.1 - Team leaders as indicated on the Participants’ list, are responsible for the conduct from their players in case of damage caused in sport facilities, dressing rooms, hotels, transportation or other facilities.
- 15.2 - In case of damage the team leader should immediately contact the organization staff .
- 15.3 - In case of doubt in the interpretation of the regulations of the tournament, Team leader should contact directly the organization staff .
- 15.4 - Quiet time must be respected in the accommodations between 11:00pm and 8:00am.
- 15.5 - The meals timetables must be respected. Teams can miss a meal if they do not adhere to the meal timetables. In case of match delay or some transport delay, Team leader should inform the Organization of this situation.
- 15.6 - It is prohibited to travel in transportation without T-shirt.
- 15.7 - Failure to comply with these rules will be dealt with by the tournament organization and may result in exclusion from the tournament and accommodations.
16 - Insurance and Responsibility
- 16.1 - Each player must have a medical insurance.
- 16.2 - Make sure that all your players are insured both on and off the playing field.
- 16.3 - IberCup does not carry any group insurance protecting participants in case of injury, illness, theft or damage to property and does not accept responsibility in any way for accidents, injuries, or economic loss which may arise in the case of war, warlike events, civil war, revolution or civil disturbances or because of the actions of the authorities, strikes, lockouts, blockades or similar events.
- 16.4 - Participants from countries that have no medical insurance agreement with Spain must have personal medical insurance.
17 - Permissions to Participate in IberCup
- 17.1 - All foreign teams should request to their football federations to send an authorization letter to IberCup (email@example.com) so they can take part in the tournament. In countries where football is operated by the schools we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association to take part in our tournament but they need to send to us an authorization letter from the club.
18 - Water for the matches
- 18.1 - The IberCup staff on the fields DO NOT provide bottle waters for the teams, so its very important that the teams bring their own water for the matches.
- 18.2 - The organisation recommends to buy the bottled water, especially for babies.
- 18.3 - You can always buy some bottle water on site.
19 - Changing rooms
- 19.1 - Teams must leave the accommodation already equipped for the match.
- 19.2 - Some football facilities may have changing rooms but some are to small and due to the number of teams, your team may not get a place to change.
- 19.3 - This rule also applies to the local teams.
20 - Bath and Showers After the Matches
- 20.1 - Teams must take their shower in their own accommodation after they return from the match.
21 - Parents and Supporters Conduct
- 21.1 - The teams are responsible for their supporters conduct.
- 21.2 - The teams can lose a match if the referee decides to end the match based on the violent and verbal conduct from their supporters towards the referee.
- 21.3 - The teams can be expelled from the tournament at the first incident based on the supporters conduct towards the referee or to the other team.
22 - Match Balls
- 22.1 - All matches of 11v11 are played using size 5.
- 22.2 - For 7v7 all matches will use size 4.
- 22.3 - The organization will provide official match balls for the matches but the teams must bring also their own match balls.
- 22.4 - IberCup does not provide match balls for warming up before the matches.
24 - Guest Players
- 24.1 - Each team will be allowed to have guest players, who are properly registered through their National and State Association, Federation or any other affiliated organization.
- 24.2 - Players may NOT play for more than one team in the tournament.
- 24.3 - It is the responsibility of the individual athlete to join a club as a Guest Player.
- 24.4 - The tournament does not have a system to manage that for each individual.
23 - Loss or theft
- 23.1 - The organization does not assume any responsibility in case of sport equipment theft or personal belongings of participants in the accommodation or in the sporting venues.
25 - Organizer
- 25.1 - Sports Travel Agency - Easy Choice Lda organizes The IberCup.